Creamy Salmon Piccata deliciousness with a side of prosciutto wrapped asparagus
4 (6 oz) skinless salmon filets
1 tbsp olive oil
Sea salt & white pepper
1 tbsp minced garlic (I used about 2 cloves)
1 1/4 cup + 1 tbsp chicken broth
2 tsp cornstarch
2 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/3 cup heavy cream
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp minced dill
2 tbsp capers
1 tbsp parsley
- Heat a 12” cast iron skillet over med-hi heat and add the olive oil.
- Season the salmon with sea salt & pepper.
- Place salmon in skillet and sear for about 4 minutes. Carefully flip the salmon and continue cooking until thoroughly cooked, 2-3 minutes more.
- Transfer the salmon to a plate and cover with foil. Leave about 1 tsp olive oil in the pan.
- Sauté the garlic (about 20 seconds)
- Add 1 1/4 cup chicken broth & reduce it for about 4 minutes.
- In a small bowl whisk the cornstarch & remaining tablespoon of chicken broth together then slow add to the chicken broth in the pan. Stir for about 1 minute.
- Add cream, butter, capers & dill. Stir and then remove from heat.
- Place salmon back in the pan, spoon sauce over top. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve with grilled prosciutto wrapped asparagus. *wrap asparagus bundles with slices of prosciutto. Place on tin foil on grill, grill 5-10 minutes). Sprinkle with fresh Parmesan.